A few years ago I made the jump from building affiliate niche websites on the side to making it my full-time income. Today I want to share a few tips with you on how you can do the same.
Find A Model That Works
Not every affiliate marketer makes money the same way. Some rely on pay per click advertisement (something I can't for the life of me be profitable with), some do a lot of article marketing or are hyper active on social media. Others will build large content sites and focus on building their email lists (this is working really well for me). The key is, you have to find something that works well for you. You may have better results and more fun making lots of videos. Find something that works for you and stick with it.
Set Aside Some Time Each Week
Consistency is the big secret to building a successful affiliate marketing business. Set aside some time each week to work on your sites. Ideally, you want to add some content or do something to move you in the right direction every single day. Yes, this also applies if you're working a full-time job. I'm not saying you need to sacrifice all family time or live on 3 hours of sleep a night. If all you have is 15 minutes per day, make every single one of those count and work on your sites consistently.
Rinse And Repeat
Last but not least, rinse and repeat with related sites in the same niche or even different niches. Most likely you won't be able to replace your day job with just one website. Once you get your first site to get consistent traffic and making at least some money, work on the next one and get it to the same point. Keep rinsing and repeating until you're consistently making enough to replace your regular income.
Don't Quit Your Day Job Too Early
The one mistake I made is that I quit my day job a few months too early. We ended up maxing out credit cards and getting into some hot water financially that it took us a good year to recover from. We made it out OK and I probably ended up working harder than I would have otherwise, but in hind-sight, I wish I had taken the time to grow my online income a little more before taking the plunge as a full-time affiliate marketer.

No comments:
Post a Comment